SocInvest 13 will take place at the offices of law firm Pinsent Masons on Tuesday 26 November 2013. A limited number of free places for public sector delegates are available.
SocInvest is an annual one-day summit exploring the latest innovations in regeneration finance and funding. It brings together public and private sectors to discuss and understand how to set up effective new funding mechanisms, partnerships, loans, and tariffs.
Presenters and speakers include experts who have benefited from, led, or advised on structuring and implementing these deals, along with policymakers and thinktanks.
Over the past five years SocInvest has pioneered discussion of:
- Local asset backed vehicles
- Tax increment financing
- Community infrastructure levies
- European funding vehicles such as JESSICA
- Enterprise zones
- Other public sector funding models to deliver regeneration, homes and communities and infrastructure.
SocInvest always asks:
- What are the benefits to the public sector?
- What are the returns and risks for the private sector?
- What are the best funding routes available in a difficult economic climate?
- Who can help you?
- Understand the next generation of innovative financial vehicles
- Create long-term joint regeneration partnerships between the public and private sector
- Network and share ideas and explore best practice with your peers
- Assess which types of joint venture can best work for you
- Clarification of the newest terminology and ideas and technical details explained
- Maximise assets and meet investors
Who should attend?
- Council chief /deputy chief executives, finance directors, heads of regeneration, property and housing
- Structured finance managers, property fund managers, finance directors looking to invest in regeneration joint ventures
- Developers looking for new financing concepts to help get schemes moving